Lexis Manly welcomes new students from
Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey and Venezuela
First of all – a special note for our new and existing students from Argentina:
What we can we say about Argentina’s win over Australia’s Socceroos in the nail-biting FIFA World Cup soccer game on December 4, 2022? Amazing match – Congratulations!
Today we greet:
- Facundo Roberto and Ana Luisa from Argentina.
- Juliet Das Gracas – Brazil
- Paula Camila – Colombia
- Pilar Magally and Olga Loida – Peru
- Cesar and Sandra – Spain
- Miriam, Anton and Manuela – Switzerland
- Teeranon – Thailand
- Deniz, Hasan, Dogan, Mehmet Can, and Elif – Turkey.
Course of study
New students will begin their classes today as follows:
- Dogan, Pilar, Mehmet, and Sandra will study Beginners English.
- Martina, Juliet, Facundo, Deniz and Olga will study Elementary English.
- Teeranon, Hasan, Elif and Leos will study at Pre-Intermediate level.
- Paula Camila and Cesar will join the Intermediate class.
We hope you enjoy your time at Lexis Sydney
and progress in your studies quickly
This week don’t miss
New students at Lexis Manly should check their timetables for the following free workshops:
- Tuesday – Job Workshop.
Students will be guided by a teacher on everything related to job search; how to write your resume and cover letter, and which websites to visit. Students will also be able to practice interview skills.
- Wednesday – Homework Club
Students will receive individual help from a teacher to help them with class work.
- Thursday – Conversation Club
Join this club to fast-track your learning of English, to make new friends and to help settle you into life in Australia.
Your top 7 questions about Sydney answered
This handy guide answers the top 7 questions new students ask about setting up life in Australia.
The guide covers:
- How to apply for an Australian Tax File Number
- Tips on finding accommodation
- How to open a bank account
- Tips on job search
- How to get around Sydney
- What to do if you lose something on public transport.
What’s on and fun things to do
News from home
To access news from your home country in multiple languages, visit the website for SBS Television and Radio (Special Broadcasting Service, Australia).
Stay safe at the beach!
IMPORTANT: To stay safe on Sydney’s beaches, watch a video in your home language here.
About Lexis Sydney on Manly Beach
The college is open 13 hours a day Monday-Friday, with classes in the mornings, afternoons and evenings. The average class size is 12-13 students.
General English courses run year-round. Most students are aged 18 years and over, and at certain times of the year, a Junior program is offered for students aged 12-17.