We are excited to welcome our new students from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Japan, France, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand and Türkiye!
The Lexis Manly family was joined by 23 new students from 10 different countries. Due to a public holiday the students started their journey on a Tuesday on a gorgeous 34c summer day. The first day can be intimidating and often students start off a bit shy, but not this group. After completing their placement test and learning about the campus during their orientation, the students immediately started exchanging and getting to know each other. They spent all morning chatting away and enjoying the ocean views together.
Its great to have such an excited and open group joining us with a curious mind set. They started off as strangers today but will surely form strong friendships soon.
We are excited to see our new students settle in and meet their classmates and teacher on their first day tomorrow.
Have a great time at Lexis Manly!
Our new students will join the following classes:
- IELTS preparation: Cyril Accola
- FCE: Charline Savary
- Upper-intermediate: Flavia Prado Madruga, Elena Barthassat
- Intermediate: Hugo Quinones Diaz
- Pre-intermediate: Claudia Scatigno, Ines Magri, Nolwenn Nicot, Chihiro Kobayashi, Kaho Susukida, Sarah Michaux, Semih Kilic, Maria Veru Claros, Daniel Le Roch Munoz
- Pre-intermediate (Premium Small Group): Fernanda Basile
- Elementary: Thanatchakorn Ruangtinnakorn, Kanna Hashimoto, Muratcan Yalin
- Starter: Maria Barrionuevo Munoz, Nelson Maldonado Marin, Ozan Turk, Muhammet Aydin, Vanesa Canteros
This guide answers students’ top 7 questions about life in Australia. It covers:
- How to apply for an Australian Tax File Number
- Where to find accommodation
- How to open a bank account
- Where to look for work
- How to get around Sydney
- What to do if personal items are lost on public transport.
Free workshops and fun at Lexis Manly
Free workshops are available to enrolled students every day. The workshops are teacher led and are packed with practical tips and guidance in the following subject areas:
- Conversation Club
- Pronunciation Club
- Grammar workshop
- Homework Club
- Business English
- Accommodation search, and
- Job search workshop.
The workshop schedule changes every week and is updated on Mondays. Look for these posters around campus and scan the QR code:
Fun at Lexis
Every Friday, during summer, there’s a beach sports or dance activity at lunch times. All enrolled students are encouraged to join – gather in the Student Lounge on Level 2, at 1pm.
Students can also join large and small group tours through our travel agent. Scan the QR code in the back of your Student Handbook and on posters in the Student Lounge.
Looking for TV and Radio in your home language? SBS Television and Radio (Special Broadcasting Service, Australia) presents films (and news) in many languages with English subtitles.
Not yet a student at Lexis Manly and want to know more?
Lexis Training delivers professional training in Business, Marketing & Communication, Leadership & Management, Project Management, Beauty and English Language Teacher Training. Upper Intermediate English skills are a requirement. Enquire online.