Types of Work in Australia
- Casual Work
– No guaranteed hours
– 25% higher pay rate
– Paid hourly
– Less than 38 hours a week.
– Annual (holiday) leave & Personal (sick) leave
Here’s the latest selection from seek.com.
Click on “Apply” for more information. If you need help writing your resume, see Nicole or go to GIL on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 2-3pm in Room 8.
For printing email to: [email protected] (10 copies max)
Current exciting job opportunities:
The Loft is looking for hospitality workers:
The ideal Loft Byron Bay employee will have:
- Extensive hospitality experience
- Cocktail making experience
- Food & Beverage product knowledge
- Great customer service skills
- An outgoing and enthusiastic nature
- The determination to work hard
- The ability to work under pressure across both the Bar and Floor departments
- A good understanding of the meaning of ‘teamwork’
Three blue ducks is looking for hospitality workers:
What you will bring to the role
- Passionate about food, wine, beer and coffee
- Experienced in your field of hospitality
- Friendly, charismatic and focused on service
- Able to maintain our consistently high standard for all staff and customers
- Calm under pressure in a fast paced environment and have a good ability to problem solve and think on your feet,
- Flexible with your availability
- In a nutshell: We want people who are great at what they do, ambitious and ready for an exciting new challenge. If that’s you, apply now!
Light Years is looking for hospitality staff:
Your Strengths –
- Good communication skills
- Experience with managing a large team
- Experience in a fast paced and high volume venue
- Outstanding Customer service & relations
- Wine and Asian cuisine knowledge – looked upon favorably, but not essential
The Pass Cafe is looking for a barista:
The perfect candidate would possess experience such as:
- working in a fast pace environment
- able to work with large influxes of orders
- have a minimum 2 years in coffee making and coffee skills
- have excellent attention to detail
Betty’s Burgers is looking for a team member
As a Team Member your role will involve:
- The ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Meeting and greeting guests
- Food/beverage preparation and presentation
- Maintain restaurant/kitchen presentation and cleanliness
- Optimize guest satisfaction
Wahlburgers is looking for a front of house team member
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to take direction;
- Able to work at a fast pace and high turnover environment;
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate (if you don’t have yours, we’ll let you know how to obtain it);
- High energy, passionate with a strong work ethic;
- You’ll need full working rights within Australia.
Wahlburgers is looking for a kitchen hand / cook
This company is going places, so if you are looking for a job where you can learn, grow and expand your career within the hospitality industry than this could be what you have been looking for.
Bang Bang is looking for team members
Multiple years of comparable hospitality experience in fine dining venues.
Experience working in fast paced restaurants.
An impeccable level of customer service and professionalism
Our bussies positions will be suitable for juniors who will be provided on the job training and development
An outgoing and enthusiastic nature.
Passion for delivering a polished but vibrant customer experience.
Ability to demonstrate a high level of product knowledge.
The right to work in Australia.
Go Vita Byron Bay is looking for a retail assistant:
Saturday 9 – 4.00pm
Sunday 10 – 4.00pm
Ikandi Sunglasses is looking for a team member:
- High in energy with a great work ethic
- Experienced or interested in face-to-face customer service
- Able to manage stock related duties and general store upkeep
- Interested in chasing sales targets and having fun at work!
Sportsgirl is looking for a team member:
- Have a love of fashion
- Are committed to delivering the most amazing customer experience
- Love working as part of a team
- Have high energy levels and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Are available and flexible across days and hours from October to January
BP – Byron Bay is looking for a team member:
- Effective communication skills with a competency in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Friendly, energetic and approachable with a natural flair for great customer service
- A reasonable level of fitness to undertake cleaning activities, replenish and move stock and serve customers at the point of sale
- Confidence to execute in-store promotions
- Attention to detail, the ability to work in accordance with safe work practices and operational procedures, as well as a level-head to carry out emergency activities if required
- A real team player who is keen to wear our brand with pride
Good luck everyone!!
Learn English in Byron Bay. Lexis English students study General English, IELTS, FCE, CAE, and English plus Surfing in a friendly and professional school right in the heart of Byron Bay and only 15 minutes from the beach.