There was a great turn out of students for our recent candle making activity. 🕯️
This was the first time the students had made a candle from scratch and to their pleasant surprise it was a very easy and fun process.
Our candles were made using a combination of natural soy wax and fragrance oil comprising of mandarin, orange, bergamot, rosewood and peony with hints of peach, strawberry and raspberry.
Here is our scented candle making process:
- Secure the wick in the centre of the tin with double back tape
- Heat the wax in a microwave until liquid, cool for a couple of minutes
- Add the desired amount of fragrance oil and stir
- Pour the wax mix into the tin until ¾ full
- Use wooden sticks with tape to secure the wick in place
- Leave the candle to cure for 24 hours (a longer curing time creates a more spread-out scent)
Not studying with us yet, but would like to?
Lexis Byron Bay delivers academic excellence in arguably Australia’s most desirable study location where you can combine your studies with the great outdoors. Studying at Lexis is more than an experience, it’s a lifestyle! Lexis Byron Bay offers an unrivalled afterschool activity calendar that includes surf lessons, cooking classes, artistic activities, afternoon escapes to surrounding hotspots and full-day weekend adventures. If you want more information on the courses that we offer, click here.
Learn English in Byron Bay. Lexis English students study General English, IELTS, FCE, CAE, and English plus Surfing in a friendly and professional school right in the heart of Byron Bay and only 15 minutes from the beach.