There was a huge turnout of students for our Aussie Food Tasting activity last Friday.
The tasting menu included the following Aussie classics:
- Sausage rolls with tomato sauce
- Vegemite on bread
- Anzac biscuits
- Fairy bread
- Kirk’s Pasito
- Musk sticks
- Tim Tams
Each food item was accompanied by an information sheet for students to learn more.
What did students think?
- The sausage roll with tomato sauce combination was a resounding hit!
- Vegemite was polarising, a few loved it, but most were disgusted and confused about its popularity here
- The Anzac biscuits were unanimously loved
- Many surprisingly disliked the texture of Lamingtons!
- The consensus on fairy bread was so-so, just like sugar on bread
- Kirk’s Pasito was refreshing but nothing special
- Musk Sticks were described as tasting like perfume and smelling like old people or old people’s homes
- Milo was very popular and was familiar to those from Japan and Chile
- Finally, Tim Tams were known and loved by most students and for our first timers it was a delicious surprise
Overall, it was an enjoyable tasting experience. Thank you to all students who participated with open minds and palates!
Learn English in Byron Bay. Lexis English students study General English, IELTS, FCE, CAE, and English plus Surfing in a friendly and professional school right in the heart of Byron Bay and only 15 minutes from the beach.