We had a big orientation day today here at Lexis Manly, welcoming 27 new students. They have travelled a long way to be here and come from all parts of the world including Argentina, Brazil, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Japan, Slovakia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, and Turkey! Each face holds a unique story, a different cultural background, and a shared eagerness to embark on an enriching linguistic adventure. We are so excited to have you all onboard!
They all had their orientation day today, which included a writing and speaking test, followed by the creation of an individual study plan for each student. After being assigned to their classes, they had the chance to explore our campus and get to know each other better. Orientation day is a celebration of global connections, as our students have the opportunity to connect with peers from various corners of the world. During their lunch break, they discovered Manly together, shared about their home countries, and then enjoyed a fun ‘Walk and Talk’ tour around Manly with our teacher Mick.
This week marks the start of their studies, and we are thrilled to be there to support them on their unique journeys. The addition of these new students enhances the already diverse tapestry within the school, fostering an engaging environment for learning and cultivating international friendships. We look forward to witnessing all their achievements! Wishing you a wonderful time at Lexis Manly!
Our new students will join the following classes:
- Cambridge Preparation: Nina Maria Zihlmann, Melissa Hanlon
- IELTS Preparation: Alexandra Janosikova, Mathura Ganendraraj
- Advanced: Mathias Roethlin
- Upper Intermediate: Albrecht Haeussler, Yannick Probst, Denise Baechler, Lauren Challancin, Lena Rose Iten
- Intermediate: Luca Svaldi, Julia Verena Iten, Martin Zaremba, Batuhan Sarikaya
- Pre-Intermediate: Miho Baba, Misato Inoue, Riku Kawai
- Elementary: Aline Aguiar da Silva, Antonio Lara Parafita, Joao Bezerra de Lima Neto, Paula Margarita Di Placido, Louann Layat, Michel Schmutz, Wannida Kaesonkatika, Hanife Busra Tekin,
- Starter: Masaru Miura, Talha Yildiz
This guide answers students’ top 7 questions about life in Australia. It covers:
- How to apply for an Australian Tax File Number
- Where to find accommodation
- How to open a bank account
- Where to look for work
- How to get around Sydney
- What to do if personal items are lost on public transport.
Free workshops & fun at Lexis Manly:
Free workshops are available to enrolled students every day. The workshops are teacher led and are packed with practical tips and guidance in the following subject areas:
- Conversation & Pronunciation Workshop
- Study Help
- Job Workshop
- Accommodation Workshop
The workshop schedule changes every week and is updated on Mondays. Look for these posters around campus and scan the QR code:
Fun at Lexis:
Every week, we have fun and unique activities activities for our students to enjoy. These can include surfing, yoga, meditation, arts & crafts, painting and many more. Every Friday, we have beach sports or another activity at lunch time. All enrolled students are encouraged to join – gather in the Student Lounge on Level 2, at 1:15pm.
Students can also join large and small group tours through our travel agent. Scan the QR code in the back of your Student Handbook and on posters in the Student Lounge.
Stay safe at the beach:
Not yet a student at Lexis Manly and want to know more?
Lexis Training delivers professional training in Business, Marketing & Communication, Leadership & Management, Project Management, Beauty and English Language Teacher Training. Upper Intermediate English skills are a requirement. Enquire online.