International students – here’s this week’s round up of jobs in and near Manly. No matter what your level of English there’s an opportunity for you:
- Nanny required to care for one child in Fairlight
- Kitchen and Sandwich Hands at Manly Skiff Sailing Club
- Christmas Casual Team Members at Holey Moley and Strike Bowling Centres – multiple locations
- Crew at Guzman y Gomez Mexican Food Restaurant – Manly
- Fish Shop Assistant at Manly Fish Markets
Nanny – Fairlight
8 hours every Thursday – $189-$243
Nanny to care for one toddler. Some light house-keeping.
- Responsible and experienced Nanny
Kitchen/Sandwich Hands – Manly Skiff Sailing Club
$25 – $34.99 per hour | Access to company van for work
Casual/Vacation – multiple roles
- Team player
- Interested in food
- Available to work evenings and weekends
Christmas Casual Team Members, Holey Moley and Strike Bowling & more
Multiple roles: casual bartenders, party hosts, customer service
Free activities at Funlab venues
50% off food and beverages
Staff meal provided on shifts from Friday – Sunday
- Must be able to work nights
- Team player
Guzman y GomezG Mexican Restaurant Crew – Sydney CBD
$22-$33/hour – shift work. Multiple roles.
- Free uniform
- Flexible work hours
- Crew team building activities and competitions
- Discounted meals
- Cultural celebrations – Day of the Dead and Cinco de Mayo
- Experience in hospitality venues or fast paced environments is great but not essential
- You’re open to coaching, eager to learn and ready to put in the effort
- Can do attitude and reliable
- Team player
Fish Shop Assistant – Manly Fish Markets
$29.23 per hour. Sat Sun $35.07 per hour
Multiple roles, 4-10 hour shifts. Training provided.
- Customer service
- Food preparation
- Handling seafood
- Shop set-up
Need help with job search?
Lexis Sydney students can attend a weekly job search workshop with one of our experienced English teachers every Tuesday. Check your timetable for the room.
The workshop covers:
- Resume writing
- Job search
- Interview skills, plus
- Guidance on permits that will make you more eligible for certain jobs. e.g., Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA), NAATI Certification, a Working with Children check, and Drivers Licence.
Important! don’t lose money on shonky online training offers! Ask your teacher for guidance on choosing a reputable training provider.
Students who need their resumes printed can ask at reception for a maximum of 5 copies to be made.
Need more help?
Check out this guide which answers Sydney students top 7 questions about getting settled in Sydney.
Lexis Sydney students also have access to special workshops. We recommend the following:
- The Accommodation Workshop which provides tips and guidance on searching for and applying for accommodation. It’s held on Wednesdays – check your timetable for the room number.
- The Conversation Club. The Conversation Club is recommended for all students, especially those who are looking for work and/or accommodation. Good conversation skills will boost your ability to find both accommodation and work.
Want to know more about Lexis Sydney, Manly?
Lexis Sydney overlooks the world famous surf breaks of Manly Beach and is conveniently located between the city and the spectacular Northern Beaches.
The college provides quality education experiences in Elementary English, IELTS Preparation, Cambridge FCE and Cambridge CAE. Open 13 hours a day Mon-Fri, morning. afternoon and evening classes are available. The average class size is 12-15 and the school can accommodate up to 438 students. Lexis Sydney is fully enrolled for 2022 and early 2023. Contact us about enrolments from March 2023.
Click here to download the Lexis English Australia Brochure 2023.