This afternoon, our students did yoga in the park!
For the activity this afternoon, the students joined Trinity for some yoga in the park. After a few days of rain, it was about time the students had the opportunity to get out and about and move their bodies!
We followed a gentle vinyasa flow which led us through all 3 warrior poses; warrior 1, 2 & 3.
Yoga is a great way to reconnect with self & take time away from the busy day to day lives that we live on the Sunshine Coast. Some of our beginner Yogis are even inspired to continue their yoga practice!
Some benefits of Yoga:
- Improves strength and flexibility – Frequently practiced, yoga can improve muscle strength and flexibility over a period of time.
- Improves muscular endurance – Holding the poses for extended times will increase muscular endurance over time.
- Helps relieve back pain and arthritis – Yoga decreases inflammation and ease discomfort of aches and pains through gentle movements.
- Decreases stress levels – Deep breathing is practiced in yoga and studies have shown that this can dramatically decrease stress levels.
- Improves mood and energy levels – Studies have shown that Yoga can boost mental alertness, therefore improving your mood and energy levels.
Everyone loved our yoga session this afternoon & we hope to do it again soon!
Not studying yet but would like to?
Lexis Sunshine Coast is located just moments from the beautiful Maroochy beach and is one of Australia’s most attractive learning environments, providing outstanding study resources, recreational facilities and captivating views from our three floor campus. If you want more information on the courses that we offer, click here.