Business English Course
Monday November 24th to Wednesday December 24th
A four week intensive course for students who need English for their work or who wish to work in English speaking countries
The course will provide a wide range of business settings and situations in which students can practise and improve their communication skills in English and become more confident, more fluent and more accurate.
Monday 9 am to 3 pm
Tuesday 9 am to 2 pm followed by GIL from 2 pm to 3 pm
Wednesday 9 am to 2 pm followed by GIL from 2 pm to 3 pm
Thursday 9 am to 2 pm followed by GIL from 2 pm to 3 pm
Friday 9 am to 12.20 pm followed by Activity or Grammar Workshop 1 pm to 3 pm or later
Each week will include the following:
· Integrated activities to include reading, listening and writing tasks as well as discussion, problem solving and presentations.
· Role Play will involve simulated telephone conversations, email and MSN Messenger conversations and work place situations. Role plays are done in pairs or small groups so that everyone has a chance to participate.
· Vocabulary is introduced through context and exercises and includes the functional language required in business situations.
· Visits to local businesses
– Working Internationally
– Techniques for using the telephone in business. Business technology.
– Writing summaries, notes and reports. Informal and Formal meetings.
– Work place environments. Team work and health and safety
– Ordering and supplying goods and services
– Complaints and Feedback. Cash flow and Invoicing.
– Market Research, promotion and advertising
– Giving instructions and explaining and describing operations.
– Special Project Presentations using Power Point.
If you would like more details about this course, please speak to Becky or Nina.