Hello students, are you looking for work opportunities?
We have compiled a number of work opportunities in the local area that might be of interest to you.
Section Waiter, Bella Venezia Restaurant & Bar
About the business and the role
The Bella Venezia Restaurant has been trading for nearly 40 years and is indeed a Sunshine Coast Institution
We are a busy Multi Award Winning Modern Italian Restaurant positioned in the Heart of Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast.
Our top waiters earn over $600 per week in tips.
How much can you earn?
2022 WINNER Restaurant & Catering SE QLD ‘Italian Formal Restaurant’
2023 AGFG 1 Chef Hat
2023 AGFG Readers Choice Award
2022 TripAdvisor “Best of the Best” (#1 in Australia and Top 1% Internationally)
2022 Australian Wine List Of The Year Awards “Best Wine List QLD”
2022 World of Fine Wine World Wine List Awards “Best Regional List (outside the region) for Italian Wine. Winner Australasia.
We offer flexible working arrangements
Job tasks and responsibilities
As a section waiter you will be responsible for running your own section.
Skills and experience
- Wine knowledge is an essential part of the role and the ideal candidate will have basic understanding of wine.
- the ability to demonstrate their experience and working knowledge of effectively running their own section using steps of service techniques within a busy working environment
Job benefits and perks
We place a massive focus on our people and create an enjoyable workplace were you LOVE coming to work and are paid extremely well to do so!
You will receive great TIPS $$ and have the opportunity to earn lucrative Bonus incentives!
We also have the following positions available for Hospitality Professionals :
- Maitre d (Host)
- Food Runners
Be part of a professional and Fun Team.
Career advancement opportunities
Due to the amount of applications we receive only successful applicants will be notified.
Waitperson, Local Flow Eatery
Local Flow Modern Meditteranean Eatery located in Cotton Tree on the beautiful Sunshine Coast has an opening for a front of house position in our popular casual fine dining venue.
We are well known for our Local and Brisbane following, and our reputation for excellent food and high level of service is reflected by this.
We offer great hours and remuneration as well as a happy and exciting team to be a part of.
The position offers approx 25-30 hours p/week, on a flexible roster.
A large part of the position is customer interaction, satisfaction, wine and food knowledge, food and wine pairing and liaising with fellow team members.
As a boutique style restaurant passionate about local food, wine and our industry, we are looking for someone to embrace the position and bring their own personality to the team and enjoy the relaxed yet professional environment of our Eatery.
Casual Sales Consultant, Sunshine Plaza, Retail Menswear
Anthony Squires is one of Australia’s leading and most iconic tailoring labels with over 100 years of heritage. Anthony Squires ready-to-wear collections and Made-To-Measure are sold through Anthony Squires concessions and high-end retailers both in Australia and New Zealand. Anthony Squires maintains stand-alone retail stores throughout Australia and a successful online business.
A brilliant opportunity exists for a professional Sales consultant to join our David Jones concession store Sunshine Plaza, QLD in a casual capacity.
The applicant must have sales experience (essential), phenomenal customer service skills, the ability to achieve KPI results, impeccable attention to detail and exceptional communication skills. Previous experience in menswear and luxury fashion is preferable but not essential.
To be successful, you will be flexible, dynamic and eager to learn! The successful candidate will also posses:
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion for exceeding customer expectations
- A professional, welcoming character and presentation
- High attention to detail
- Ability to develop and learn tailoring skills
- Knowledge of luxury fashion and menswear
- Excellent organisational skills and problem solving ability
- A passion for exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to build ongoing rapport and relationships with clientele
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A calmness to work under pressure
Christmas Casual, Harvey Norman
Discover a great place to work at Harvey Norman – an Australian Retail icon in the home and lifestyle space.
The Harvey Norman Maroochydore Team is seeking a passionate, customer service focused Christmas Casual to join them in delivering Great Service, Always! to their customers.
Contributing to driving sales and providing exception customer service you will be:
- Managing phone and email enquiries
- Supporting sales staff to ensure all customer expectations are met
- General customer service duties as required
To be successful you must be able to start immediately, as well as:
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Have the flexibility to work weekends and late-night trade including extended trading hours
- Physically able to pack and move stock across the store
- Have a can-do attitude with the willingness to help in all areas of the operation
Now is your chance to secure a position with an Australian retail icon.
Seasonal Casual Sales Assistant, Williams Maroochydore
Our favourite time of the year is the Christmas and Back to School season 2023-2024.
We have several exciting opportunities within our Williams Maroochydore Store for Casual Sales Assistants to join our team. This role will see you delivering exceptional customer experiences and driving outstanding store results.
As well as being customer-focused, you’ll be maintaining your store’s visual merchandising, and be hands-on with stock deliveries. No two days are the same!
Retail experience is not essential, however, a valuable advantage.
As this is our busiest time of the year, we are looking for Team Members who have open availability from December 2023 and throughout January 2024.
What We Offer:
- Full product training to ensure you are set up with the skills for success
- Opportunities for ongoing employment and career progression
- We embrace teamwork and offer a competitive team-based incentive scheme
- Generous Team Member discount, with up to 50% off MFG products across all our brands
- And yes, you get supplied with some new kicks!
Munro Footwear Group (MFG) is Australia’s leading retailer of fashion and comfort footwear, owning and operating some of Australia’s most iconic brands. Our impressive portfolio includes Midas, Mountfords, Williams and Mathers to name just a few.
If you are looking for a supportive work environment within a growing Company, APPLY NOW, we would love to hear from you!
IGA Marketplace Team Members
We are looking for team members to join our IGA Marketplace Wises Rd team. HG Retail is a proudly Australian owned and operated family company that own IGA Marketplace stores. The key to our success is the ongoing passion and commitment of all of our employees.
We have a unique opportunity within the business. We are looking for part time/casual team members.
We are looking for team members who:
- can deliver great service
- are confident
- are team players
- want to enjoy what they do
This is a varied and interesting role that would appeal to someone who enjoys and demonstrates problem solving, has strong communication skills, enjoys building relationships and working with minimal supervision.
If you are looking for:
· a Full time/Casual/Part time roles
· Family friendly work culture
· An opportunity to work with people who are passionate about good food.
· Flexible working conditions
· A rewarding career with excellent learning and development opportunities
· An environment in which you can make a difference.
If this is the next move you are looking for in your career than apply now to[email protected]
Order Picker (Afternoon Shift – 4pm to Midnight)
Global Food & Wine are one of Queensland’s leading Food Services & Hospitality Suppliers providing exceptional products and service to our clients. We have been servicing Queensland for over 50 years and are excited to announce new vacancies at our Sunshine Coast Distribution Facility in Kunda Park.
Working on our Afternoon Shift (4pm to 12.30am approx.) in a fast paced environment, you will be responsible for picking & packing orders within the dry goods, chiller or freezer sections, for delivery to our Sunshine Coast customers.
- Picking and Packing orders
- Working within dry goods, chiller & freezer sections
- Manual Handling
- General Stores / Warehousing
- Liaising with Internal Staff
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Strong OH&S Awareness
- Experience in food picking & packing would be highly regarded
- Forklift licence advantageous
- High attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment (multi-temperature)
- Good personal presentation
- Must be able to pass drug testing
If you are interested in a new and challenging role and you are excited to work on the Afternoon Shift, please send your application including your resume, to the HR Manager via the “Apply” button.
If the above opportunities aren’t the type of job you’re interested in, you can search for more job opportunities on the Sunshine Coast on popular job search websites such as Seek, Indeed, Jora and Gumtree. These websites allow you to filter job listings by location, industry, job title, and experience level. You can also look for opportunities in local newspapers, apply in-store or on company websites.
If you need any help, please speak to Mel or Marta in reception or attend the Jobs Workshop on Tuesday afternoons between 1:15pm – 2:15pm.
Not studying with us yet, but would like to?
Lexis Sunshine Coast is located just moments from the beautiful Maroochy beach and is one of Australia’s most attractive learning environments, providing outstanding study resources, recreational facilities and captivating views from our three-floor campus. If you want more information on the courses that we offer, click here.
Lexis Training delivers professional training in Business, Marketing & Communication, Leadership & Management, Project Management, Beauty and English Language Teacher Training. To find out more, click here.