Retail Assistants – Windsor
Spotlight has grown to become the largest fabric, craft, party and home decorating superstores. Starting as a single dress fabric stall at Queen Victoria Market, we have now grown to over 130 stores across Australasia. Our culture is all about our people, get ready to start your career at Australia’s leading specialty retailer today!
If you have the kind of get up and go that helped us grow from a family-run market stall to one of the country’s most successful family-owned global retailers, you’ll feel right at home as a Spotlight Team Member.
As a casual team member, you will be:
Dedicated to providing great customer experience
Passionate about everything for craft & sew
A quick learner who enjoys the fast turnaround of our product ranges
Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a team environment
Excited to contribute to your store’s sales and profit targets
- Family & friends discount
- Ongoing support from your leadership team
- Online and on the job training
- Opportunity to work with a variety of products & ranges
Your career is what you make it so apply now to start with Spotlight today!
Freedom Fuels is an independent petroleum company with 48 Fuel & Convenience retail outlets in Queensland and New South Wales and expanding. Part of the Idemitsu Kosan Co Ltd group of companies, Freedom Fuels areas of operation extend to include retailing, terminal operations, wholesale and commercial distribution and supply.
We are looking for an energetic individual who is reliable, has a passion for high level customer service and is able to attend to the various cleaning and re-stocking duties with enthusiasm. It is essential that you are flexible to work across store trading hours, including weekends. This role will also require you to undertake merchandising and rotation of stock, therefore you must be physically capable of undertaking heavy lifting and being on your feet for long periods of time.
To be successful as a Customer Service Attendant you are a positive team player who strives to exceed your customers expectations.
You would be responsible for:
- Operating the console
- Preparation and handling of food
- Providing friendly customer service
- Handling cash and processing transactions
- Merchandising and maintenance of stock
- Food cleanliness and hygiene
- The appearance and cleanliness of the site
The Successful Applicant:
- Passionate to provide exceptional customer service
- Experience in a similar role
- Ability to maneuver heavy objects (lift up to 18kgs)
- Outstanding communication
- Works well in a team environment
- Has impeccable presentation standards
- A flexible attitude that will grow and change with the business
- An unforgettable presence in customer relations
Please send a resume and cover letter that demonstrates your ability to perform the role described above.
We can offer you:
- The ability to work close to home
- Safe working environment
- Training in the “Freedom Way”
- Employee discount card (6c/L off fuel, 10% off store purchases)
- Positive working culture
Able to work mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends.
Hotel X is about the unexpected, the uninhibited and the undeniably indulgent. A cocktail of thrills in the beating heart of Brisbane, expect a 24-hour feast for the senses, with unexpected touches at every turn. Hotel X is a place of exquisite design, from iconic art to avant-garde lighting and irresistible textures, each Hotel X space exudes splendour, sophistication and intense satisfaction.
Our guests and corporate clients are bold, confident travellers looking for a quality hotel experience that is a little different form the norm.
Hotel X sits under the IHG Hotels & Resorts brand, and will comprise of 146 guest rooms
Your day to day
Cleanliness is top of mind for our guests in the current climate and our Housekeeping colleagues play a vital role in providing the peace of mind our guests can expect with the IHG Way of Clean promise. As a Housekeeping Attendant you will ensure guests receive prompt, professional service and the hotel’s guest rooms and public areas are consistently clean and well presented.
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have previous Housekeeping experience within a Hotel environment, You will have strong attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise conflicting tasks and time constraints. Your ability to communicate effectively within your department, and with the reception and Maintenance colleagues will be paramount to ensure our success at delivering a seamless guest experience. Our hotel is investing in great technology so you’ll be someone enthusiastic to use these tools to support productivity and communication.
You must also hold the appropriate work rights to work within Australia and be flexible to work weekends and evenings as required to support the Hotel operations
We are looking for experienced wait staff and food & beverage attendants to represent Sidekicker.
What’s Sidekicker you ask?
Sidekicker is home to Australia and New Zealand’s friendliest and hardest-working workforce, known as Sidekicks.
We offer thousands of unique and exciting shifts to Sidekicks every month in hospitality, events, business admin, and warehousing which can all be found and applied for via an easy-to-use mobile app.
As a Sidekick, you get to choose WHEN and WHERE you work, meaning you have complete control over the hours you work. Work as much or as little you’d like.
What tasks will you be performing?
- Welcome guests
- Carry 3 plates and clear 5 plates
- Basic drink service
What you’ll need:
- A valid RSA
- Willingness to complete COVID safe training
- Must be able to carry 3 plates & clear 5 plates
- Beverage knowledge desirable
- Endurance on long shifts
- Speak fluent English
- Immaculate presentation and a hustling attitude
Click ‘Apply for this job’ to create a Sidekicker account and tell us about your experience
Successful candidates will be invited to an interview
We’ll help you create your profile and set you up for success on the Sidekicker app
Once your profile is set up, you’ll be able to work this job, as well as many others on Sidekicker
A restaurant in Hamilton is seeking a casual Waiter / Waitress (up to 5 hours per week) to join our team.
To be considered for this role you should:
- Be available at both days at weekends
- Have at least 6 months of experience as a Waiter / Waitress
A cafe/other in Sandgate is seeking a casual Café / Restaurant All-rounder (up to 15 hours per week) to join our team.
To be considered for this role you should:
- Be available at least 1 day at weekends
- Have at least 1 year of experience as a Café / Restaurant All-rounder
Greenslopes Private Hospital is seeking positive and enthusiastic Catering Attendants to join their Catering department. There are multiple casual positions available to work over a flexible, seven-day rotating roster.
About the Role
As a Catering Attendant, you will work as part of a collaborate team that thrives on delivering exceptional customer service in line with our Ramsay Core Values.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Preparing, plating and delivering patient meals
- Ensuring a clean environment is maintained including the cleaning of equipment
- Collection and cleaning of meal trays including the use of commercial dishwashing equipment
In this role you will be under the direction of the Food Services Manager and work closely with a supportive, friendly and cooperative team.
To be successful in this role you will have a high attention to detail and work effectively in a team, or independently as required, within a fast-paced environment. Your ability to prioritise your workload so that tasks are completed effectively, to a high standard, safely and in a timely manner, will assist you and your time management within this role.
You will also bring:
- Previous experience in a hospital or hospital environment
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Ability to problem solve and maintain good working relations with others
- Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality (desirable)
On offer is an hourly rate of $23.00 – $25.00 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
Greenslopes Private Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way [link removed] philosophy: “People Caring for People“.
We have a range of employee benefits including;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more. [link removed]
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Ben Hensley, Food Services Manager on 07 3394 7185.
At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
ALDI offer a supermarket experience that is like no other in Australia. Where else can you walk into a supermarket wanting to buy bread and milk and walk out with a trombone?
Luckily, to be a Retail Assistant at ALDI you don’t need to be an expert trombone player. You will need to love to keep active and busy because our Retail Assistant role is so much more than sitting at a till. As a Retail Assistant at ALDI you’ll be operating machinery, filling shelves, cleaning, checking product quality and tidying special buys. You don’t need to be the Hulk, but the role is physical in nature, so you’ll need to enjoy hands-on work!
Our shifts can start as early as 6am and finish as late as 10pm, so it’s important that you have access to reliable transport to get to and from work safely. Being available to work any 5 out of 7 days is also something we are looking for. It’s great if you have prior retail experience, but we are also keen to hear from people from a range of different industries like hospitality, fast food, manufacturing, logistics or even child care. Regardless of what industry you come from a positive attitude, a hardworking spirit and the willingness to learn are what we are really looking for.
What’s in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration – $25.75 per hour+penalties*
- Be a part of an international retailer
- Career progression opportunities in our growing store network
- Extensive training and development
- Rotating roster with an average of 15 hours per week
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Work alongside friendly, passionate and supportive colleagues
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring shelves are fully stocked with products
- Cleaning and maintaining store standards
- Operating manual pallet moving equipment
- Merchandising stock storewide
- Serving and assisting customers in a professional and efficient manner
- Operating tills and calculating change manually
PLEASE NOTE: THIS JOB IS 15 HOURS A WEEK, WITH AVAILABILTY TO WORK SHIFTS FROM THURSDAY TO SUNDAY, THIS JOB IS FOR ALDI STORE LOCATED AT FAIRFILED AND COORPAROO IN BRISBANE.
If you’re still reading and like what you see, go and put your application in with ALDI! (When you’re done with your trombone lesson of course)
*Hourly rate for Retail Assistants over 18 years of age.
A cafe in Carina is seeking a casual Café / Restaurant All-rounder (up to 25 hours per week) to join our team.
To be considered for this role you should:
- Be available at least 1 day at weekends
- Have at least 2 years of experience as a Café / Restaurant All-rounder
We are a part of a global company that is at the top of their game with well known and loved brands here in Australia (Wattyl, Solver, Solagard, Granosite) and we are on the lookout for an enthusiastic and energetic Retail Sales Assistant to join our Stones Corner team in a Permanent Part Time position.
As the Retail Sales Assistant you will be:
- Reporting to the Store Manager, you will attend to customer queries and orders
- Process sales accurately (cash handling/EFTPOS)
- Assist in the tinting and mixing of paint
- Help safely load goods onto your customer’s vehicle.
- You will also perform regular stock takes, stock replenishment, unpacking and storing or inward goods
- Help maintain a clean, tidy store environment.
You will have:
- Great Customer Service Skills
- A strong passion for retail
- Good communication skills
- High attention to detail and a commitment to safe work practices
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- You will need to be physically fit as there is lifting/manual handling involved.
- Paint, hardware or trade retail experience is highly regarded (but not essential) as we will train and help you learn all about our products.
We are looking for someone who is able to provide an awesome customer service experience and this means going the extra mile.
Who We Are:
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit the Wattyl website https://wattyl.com.au/About-Wattyl
Sound Like you then Apply NOW! Immediate start is ideal!
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
How many years’ experience do you have as a sales assistant?
How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
What’s your expected hourly rate?