On our recent walk and talk activity we guided students down Byron’s main street to Main Beach pointing out important establishments and popular spots to eat, drink and party along the way.
Some of the notable places we walked and talked by included:
- Byron Banh Mi – A Vietnamese eatery around the corner from school loved by many students and teachers.
- Mercato on Byron – Home to Palace Cinemas, Woolworths, Reject Shop, and Pharmacy.
- Santos Organics – An organic café and health food store, a haven for health enthusiasts
- Woody’s – Night club and surfboard giveaway every Wednesday night!
- Rails – Happy hour from 4 to 6 every day, live music, and pub food.
- Banks – In the heart of Byron Bay, you’ll find branches of ANZ, NAB and Commonwealth banks.
- The Northern – Pub in a charming, 2-storey tavern with regular live rock bands, DJ sets and home to the very popular Piano Bar.
- Balcony Bar – On Wednesdays, take advantage of their happy hour from 4 to 6 and if you’re a fan of oysters, don’t miss the half-price oyster special from 5 to 6.
- The Beach Hotel – In a prime location overlooking Apex Park and Main Beach, the Beach Hotel offers live music, good beverages and food.
- Apex Park and Main Beach – Apex Park overlooks stunning Main Beach. There is the surf club, a public BBQ area and live music on Saturdays. It is a fantastic spot to have a picnic and watch the sunset.
- Lets Go Surfing, No Bones and Casa Luna – We walked by the Lets Go Surfing shop, No Bones a very popular vegan restaurant, and Casa Luna the Thursday night hotspot for Latin music, dance, and cuisine.
- Bookstore and Yoga Centre – For our booklovers and yoga enthusiasts.
- Lifeline and Vinnies – Offer a wide array of pre-loved goods at low-costs including clothing, swimmers, umbrellas etc.
On a previous walk and talk we went to Byron Bay’s towering graffitied water tank and the lookouts at Arakwal National Park (Arakwal). The Arakwal lookouts present stunning panoramic views of Main Beach, Tallow Beach, Broken Head Beach and inland. If you are interested, you can read all about that walk and talk here and it is only a 15-minute (uphill) walk to the lookout from the Lexis Byron Bay campus.
Learn English in Byron Bay. Lexis English students study General English, IELTS, FCE, CAE, and English plus Surfing in a friendly and professional school right in the heart of Byron Bay and only 15 minutes from the beach.