Yesterday, Kathleen’s Upper Intermediate class stretched conversation skills with some CAE Speaking Part 1 questions. They all did a great job!
How easily could you answer the following questions?:
Success and failure
- What would you consider to be your greatest achievement?
- What is success? Define it.
- Is money an essential part of success nowadays?
- Can massive failures ever contribute towards a person’s success?
- Have you ever failed miserably at something?
- How has the internet changed the way we communicate?
- What negative effects has the internet had on our social lives?
- Are you keen on talking on the phone? Why (not)?
- When was the last time you sent a personal letter?
- Which forms of communication will become obsolete?
- Do you know anyone who has been a victim of crime?
- Should any illegal substances such as cocaine be legalized?
- What is the most serious crime one can commit?
- What can we do to ensure that youngsters don’t get involved in criminal behaviour?
- What is the most common crime in your region?
Sport and leisure
- How often do you get around to working out?
- What are the pros and cons of doing physical activity?
- Have you ever had an amazing sporting experience?
- Are there any times that you would rather relax to unwind from the stress of your routine rather than be active?
- What has been your greatest sporting achievement?
- What would you say your relationship with the arts is?
- Which kind of art are you most interested in? (Why?)
- When was the last time you visited a museum, gallery or exhibition? What were your impressions on this visit?
- Who is your favourite artist? … (Why?)
- What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of being famous?
- Who is your favourite celebrity?\ (Why?)
- What would you be willing to sacrifice in order to be famous?
- Why do you think more and more young people nowadays long for fame and money?
Learn English in Byron Bay. Lexis English students study General English, IELTS, FCE, CAE, and English plus Surfing in a friendly and professional school right in the heart of Byron Bay and only 15 minutes from the beach.