Are you looking for something fun to do this weekend? Keep reading to find out what's happening around the Sunshine Coast 😊.
Live Music on the Sunshine Coast
Friday 5 February 2021
- Valley Crawl Warm Up Feat. CONCRETE SURFERS – From 6pm – Solbar, Ocean Street – In the lead-up to their anticipated show at the Mountain Goat Valley Crawl in Brisbane, CONCRETE SURFERS will be hitting the Solbar stage for an energetic performance not to be missed, Joined by fan favourites WALKEN and Big Blue Eyes. Tickets will move quickly for this so don’t sleep on it!
- RNB Sessions at Good Bar Mooloolaba – Friday Nights – Join us each and every Friday for the Sunshine Coast’s only proper Hip-Hop & RNB Session. DJ’s playing only the best in Oldskool Hip-Hop & RNB. -$6 Basic Bit#%s 9pm-11pm
-$5 Sides & $10 Deserts after 9pm
Saturday 6 February 2021
- Benno & Kesh – From 7:30pm – Alex Surf Club – Come down to the Alex Surf Club to enjoy some awesome live music, fabulous food and drinks!
- Sari Abbott Live @ High Tide Bar and Grill Mudjimba – From 5pm – Sari Abbott is a powerhouse of an original singer/songwriter and guitarist, unapologetically standing on her own two feet and letting her voice soar. Telling her stories her own way through the music she is working with other strong female artists to create her work, her way, promoting self-discovery and independence. Sari released two singles in 2020 with an album in the works for 2021. Bleeding through genres she is indicative of the new wave of artists, playing her own instruments, working with fellow musicians to create her own sound and own her own voice and not looking to big production houses to determine her art.
- Lou Slips & Jim Fox at Cafe Le Monde, Noosa – From 8pm – Come down early and chill in our back bar and let the boys warm you up and take you into the evening. Smart casual dress code
-No excessively baggy clothes
-No offensive branding on shirts
-Must have covered shoes
-No athletic wear (inc large branded hoodies)
As there is a capacity due to the current situation, we encourage patrons to arrive early to avoid disappointment. See you there! All patrons must sign in via the check in app on entry. 18+ event – FREE ENTRY
Sunday 7 February 2021
- Secret Garden Micro Music Events – From 3pm – Maroochy Bushland Botanic Garden – Join us on the FIRST SUNDAY of every month at Maroochy Bushland Botanic Gardens as the Sculpture Garden plays host to performances by local and touring artists. From folky tunes and gritty blues to reggae vibes and sweet pop sounds you’ll discover something different at each event. Bring a picnic rug, your favourite snacks and relax with friends and family in this unique and beautiful setting. Buy tickets here: Secret Garden Event Tickets By purchasing this ticket you agree to maintain a 1.5m distance between yourself and other attendees. If you are unwell or have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath. please do not attend the event. Self-isolate and seek medical advice.
- Sunday on the Green – From 2pm – Coolum-Peregian RSL Sub Branch, Coolum Beach – Another fabulous afternoon of music on the green at Coolum RSL. Live music from local band Lockdown. Family-friendly event with jumping castle for the kids. Food trucks to keep your tummy happy. Tickets just $5
- In2nation Funky Reggae Party – From 2pm – Machu Picchu South American Restaurant & Bar – With restrictions lifted. We shall dance !!! Enjoy our wonderful food until 3pm before In2nation let loose! Featuring Baron Von GuitarMan on lead this promises to be a high energy fun fest. Support your local. Grab a crew. Book a table 0481 217 693
Markets on the Sunshine Coast
Friday 5 February 2021
- Yandina twilight market – From 5pm – 13 Stevens St, Yandina QLD 4561 – Welcome to the ‘Yandina twilight market’, proudly presented by ~ acacia collective ~ We are so humbled to be running another artisan market on Friday 5th February, to come together to support our thriving community. The intention for these events is to come together ~ To celebrate ourselves, our community, and our earth. We are striving to SUPPORT Local artisans and hand crafters whom create beautiful sustainable products. Lets bring our awareness to our purchases by supporting local and ethically made products, working towards closing the loop of waste, to create a more thriving future. With the current state of affairs in the world, it is so important to bring our focus back to the community and create grassroots movements to move towards a more sustainable supportive future. We will have live music which will be announced in the coming week. So come on down, grab a meal from one of the lovely cafes/ bars in yandina and have a wander at our little oasis market.
Saturday 6 Februaruy 2021
- NightQuarter night markets – Birtinya – From 4-10pm (FRI&SAT) and 12-7pm (SUN) – This awesome precinct is home to 40 shipping container-based stallholders serving up food, desserts, drinks and speciality retailers.
Sunday 7 February 2021
- Cotton Tree Markets – From 7am – King Street, Cotton Tree – Cotton Tree Market will be on this Sunday from 7AM – 12PM, so be sure to grab your mates and come check out all of your fave stalls and discover new ones too. Enjoy a yummy breakfast or lunch, enjoy the local market goodness supporting Sunshine Coast designers every week and be a part of this awesome community event. Find clothing, jewellery, gifts, books, plants, home-wares and many other surprises all set in amongst the gorgeous Cotton Tree shopping village precinct and yes, that means endless coffee options and treats with the beach nearby! By coming along to our Sunday morning Market, you are assisting Bloomhill Cancer Care help others! Cotton Tree Market is a not-for-profit event that raises much needed funds through stallholder fees that directly supports the amazing work of Bloomhill, who are there every day of the year for Sunshine Coast people living with cancer and their families.
- Fishermans Road Markets – From 6am – Corner Fishermans Road and David Low Way, Maroochydore – This market has plenty for you to choose from. From fresh fruit and veg to take away feeds and pre-loved clothes to spice up your wardrobe.