International students! Here’s this week’s round up of jobs in and near Manly.
No matter what your level of English there’s an opportunity for you. But remember, you must have the right to work in Australia!
Let’s take a look at what’s on offer:
All Rounder at Lexis Sydney, Manly
$30/hour – 2 hours a day Mon-Fri
We’re looking for an all rounder to help with odd jobs around campus.
- Good attention to detail
English not essential. Lexis English Elementary students are encouraged to apply.
Ask at Reception on Level 2
Warehouse Picker Packer – Brookvale
Typical shift runs from 2 pm to 7 pm Monday to Friday.
Forklift Licence and/or MR Licence is an advantage. Shifts available now.
Assistant Retail (various casual roles available), Australian Museum (City)
$28.34 – $35.28 per hour plus casual loadings | Casual/Temporary for up to 18 months
- Some weekend work and public holidays subject to roster arrangements.
- Various rosters minimum 4 hours shift per week.
- You may be required to work additional hours.
Casual Retail Shop Assistant in Brookvale
- 40 hours per week commitment
- At least one day a week will be on a weekend.
Full Time warehouse Team Member, Fantastic Furniture, Balgowlah
Full training provided.
- Some experience from a warehouse or labour related role, but interested in speaking to people who are keen to bring transferable skills with them.
- Flexibility to work multiple days as well as during peak trade periods.
Need help with job search?
All Lexis Sydney students can attend a weekly job search workshop with one of our experienced English teachers. The workshop covers:
- Resume writing.
- Job search.
- Interview skills, plus
- Guidance on permits that will make you more eligible for certain jobs. e.g., Responsible Service of Alcohol, a Working with Children check, and Drivers Licence. Important! don’t lose money on shonky online training offers! Talk to your teacher for guidance on choosing a reputable training provider.
Students who need their resumes printed, can ask at reception to have a maximum of 5 copies printed. And remember – this job blog is posted every week with the latest job ads around town – so keep checking in!
Got other questions about setting up life in Sydney?
Check out this guide which answers Sydney students top 7 questions about establishing their lives in Sydney, Guidance includes:
- How to apply for an Australian Tax File Number
- How to find accommodation
- Travelling to campus
- What to do if you lose your belongings on public transport.
Want to know more about Lexis Sydney, Manly?
Open 13 hours a day Monday – Friday, Lexis Sydney has both day and evening study options to choose from. The average class size is 12-15 and the school can accommodate approximately 330 students.
About Sydney and Manly
Sydney is a world-class destination with crowd-pleasing and niche arts and culture, sporting and adventure experiences. Major events include Vivid, Sydney Festival, Mardi Gras Parade, and the City to Surf marathon.
Just a short 15 minute ferry ride across the iconic harbour from Sydney City is Manly, a vibrant seaside holiday destination and home of Lexis Sydney campus.
As a base, Manly provides easy access to both Sydney and the spectacular Northern Beaches, the historic Hawkesbury River, as well as the beautiful Garigal and Kur-in-gai Chase National Parks. Activities in these locations include kayaking, river boat tours, picnicking and walking areas, tours of Aboriginal cultural sites and some popular horse riding and mountain bike trails.
Lexis Sydney is full for 2022. Contact us about enrolments for 2023.