A warm welcome to the 24 new starters who joined Lexis Sydney in Manly today to learn English!
Today we give a warm welcome to:
- Ana Do Nascimento, Gabriella Baptista Martins, Arthur Fontes Severino, Marcus Pauleto, Caio Rodrgiues De Moraes, and Rafael Filipim – Brazil
- Tania Acosta Rodrigues from Colombia
- Keitaro Aoki and Futaba Ishii of Japan
- Miguel Solorzano Fallaque, from Peru
- Natalia Zachara of Poland
- Andrea Labudova of Slovakia
- David Canizares Medina, Jaime Sanchez Carmona, and Julia Bransuela Grane – from Spain, and
- From Turkey – Baran Altan, Omer Faruk Artan, Jonathan Benitez Bermudez, Furkan Can, Ahmet Sinar, Ozan Ormen, Ali Ihsan Tasci, Emirhan Pelen, and Rifak Burak Kilic.
On-boarding takes up most of the morning, but after lunch, new starters can join a “walk and talk” tour of Manly with one of our teachers. The tour is a great way to get to know the local area, meet new classmates and to ask questions.
Extra student resources
To help new starters settle in, staff at Lexis Sydney put together a handy guide that answers the top 7 questions new students ask about setting up life in Australia.
The guide covers:
- How to apply for an Australian Tax File Number
- Where to find accommodation
- How to open a bank account
- Where to look for work
- How to get around Sydney
- What to do if personal items are lost on public transport
What’s on and fun things to do
News from home
To access news from your home country in multiple languages, visit the website for SBS Television and Radio (Special Broadcasting Service, Australia).
Stay safe at the beach!
Want to know more about Lexis Manly (Sydney)?
Lexis Sydney is situated in Manly, overlooking the world famous surf breaks of Manly Beach. The school’s fantastic location offers the best of city and beach life, and is close to two large National Parks.
High quality education experiences are offered in Elementary English, IELTS Preparation, Cambridge FCE and Cambridge CAE. The average class size is 12-13 students and the school has capacity for 330 students.
The school is open 13 hours a day Monday to Friday, with day and evening study options available.
Enrolments for 2022 and January 2023 are closed. Get in touch about bookings from February 2023.
Manly is a vibrant seaside holiday destination, a short 15-minute ferry ride across the iconic harbour from Sydney City. It also provides easy access to Sydney’s spectacular Northern Beaches, the historic Hawkesbury River, as well as the beautiful Garigal and Kur-in-gai Chase National Parks. Activities in these locations include kayaking, hang-gliding, paragliding, river boat tours, picnicking and walking areas, tours of Aboriginal cultural sites and some popular horse riding and mountain bike trails.