We found a few more jobs suitable for Lexis Sydney international students this week – no matter what your level of English. But remember, you must have the right to work in Australia.
Let’s take a look at what’s on offer:
All Rounder at Lexis Sydney, Manly
$30/hour – 2 hours a day Mon-Fri
We’re looking for an all rounder to help with cleaning and odd jobs around campus.
- Good attention to detail
English not essential! Elementary students are encouraged to apply.
To enquire, ask at Reception.
Chef and Store Assistants – Manly Farm (organic and biodynamic store and cafe)
Manly Farm is around the corner from Lexis Sydney and will soon reopen with a bigger store and a brand new cafe!
Enquire about opportunities now and for roles as a Store Assistant or Chef when they reopen. To find out more – send a message on Facebook or email [email protected]
Garden Maintenance Assistant, Manly Vale
$28-38/hr plus superannuation and all relevant leave entitlements. This can be a permanent position for the right person.
- Prior experience in gardening and/or horticulture
- Must hold a current driver’s license.
- This job is for someone that presents well and pays attention to detail.
- You must know how to use gardening equipment and tools and have high standards of quality control.
Casual Events Staff – Manly Skiff Sailing Club
$25+ an hour (depending on role) | Casual/Temporary.
Requirements: Valid visa to work in Australia and previous experience in events operations.
Receptionist/Management Roles – Boardrider Backpackers, Manly Beach
$30 – $49 (depending on role) | Casual/Vacation
- Ability to work 8am – 5pm on rostered days
- Fluent English
Spanish would be handy!
Retail Assistant – ALDI stores in Brookvale/Manly/Balgowlah
$26.42* + penalties | 10 – 30 hours per week
Permanent contract and permanent part time benefits including paid leave entitlements
Training and development
Requirements: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or proof of medical exemption.
Bar & Gaming Attendant – Manly Bowling Club, Harbord Diggers
25 hours per week.
- Previous experience within the hospitality industry or within customer service environment
- Impeccable grooming, presentation and communication skills
- A willingness to build long-term relationships with our customers
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work a flexible roster, including days, nights and weekends
- Current NSW RSA & RCG
Nanny – Balgowlah
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Hours approx. 7:15am -6:15pm (or 8am-6pm when Mother working from home).
$30/hour plus super
You will care for two young children aged 4 and 2 years old but not always at the same time. The role may include light house duties, such as cleaning up after kids meals and unpacking/repacking the dishwasher. There is a weekly cleaner who comes separately.
- Experience as a Nanny
- Trustworthy, reliable, and active/fit so that you are able to play with two energetic kids.
- Licensed, confident car driver with a good driving record.
- 25 years + preferred (but younger Nannies will be considered).
Need help with job search?
All Lexis Sydney students can attend a weekly job search workshop with one of our experienced English teachers. The workshop covers:
- Resume writing.
- Job search.
- Interview skills, plus
- Guidance on permits that will make you more eligible for certain jobs. e.g., Responsible Service of Alcohol, a Working with Children check, and Drivers Licence.
Students who need their resumes printed, can ask at reception to have a maximum of 5 copies printed. And remember – this job blog is posted every week with the latest job ads around town – so keep checking in!
Want to know more about Lexis Sydney, Manly?
Open 13 hours a day Monday – Friday, Lexis Sydney has both day and evening study options to choose from. The average class size is 12-15 and the school can accommodate approximately 330 students.
About Sydney and Manly
Sydney is a world-class destination with crowd-pleasing and niche arts and culture, sporting and adventure experiences. Major events include Vivid, Sydney Festival, Mardi Gras Parade, and the City to Surf marathon.
Just a short 15 minute ferry ride across the iconic harbour from Sydney City is Manly, a vibrant seaside holiday destination and home of Lexis Sydney campus.
As a base, Manly provides easy access to both Sydney and the spectacular Northern Beaches, the historic Hawkesbury River, as well as the beautiful Garigal and Kur-in-gai Chase National Parks. Activities in these locations include kayaking, river boat tours, picnicking and walking areas, tours of Aboriginal cultural sites and some popular horse riding and mountain bike trails.
Lexis Sydney is full for 2022. Contact us about enrolments for 2023.