Flying Trapeze class, Michael Franti & Spearhead, city street party, Rugby League, Femi Kuti and more.
Here’s our top 7 picks of things to do in Sydney April 2023.
1. Flying trapeze class – circus arts
April 1, 2, 15,16, 22 and 23 – Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre
Do something really special with your free time in Sydney! Circus Arts trapeze classes are for beginners and experienced flyers.
Adults and children are welcome.
Cost: $68 per class or buy a pack of 10 classes for $380. Bookings essential!
2. Michael Franti & Spearhead – Enmore Theatre
7 April, 6pm, Enmore Theatre, Newtown
“The globally recognized musician, humanitarian, activist and award-winning filmmaker is revered for his inspiring music, worldwide philanthropic efforts, and his devotion to wellness and optimism”.
Go rock your socks off and experience an unforgettable night in one of Sydney’s most loved live music venues.
3. Sydney Streets community party – Crown Street, Surry Hills
1 April, 11am-10pm
For one day, the traffic will stop for an inner-city street party on Crown Street, Surry Hills. There’ll be shopping, live music and dining. This is a fun way to experience the unique vibes of city life – Sydney style.
Cost: Entry is FREE. Public transport recommended.
4. Aboriginal Bush Tucker Tour, Royal Botanic Gardens
1 & 8 April, 11am-12pm
Learn about and taste traditional Aboriginal foods from a First Nations guide. Discover how these foods are being adapted for contemporary use.
Cost: From $20.
5. Sport: XXII ANZAC Day Cup – Sydney Roosters vs St George Illawarra Dragons
25 April, Allianz Stadium 4pm
This popular ANZAC Day event returns for the first time in five years. Come watch a competitive game of Australian Rugby League and experience the ANZAC Day memorial ceremony in person.
6. Femi Kuti and the Positive Force, City Recital Hall, Sydney
6 April, City Recital Hall, Sydney
Even more great music this month! This time from the esteemed founder of Afrobeat music – Femi Kuti. Femi’s music is about social justice, inclusivity and unity – values we are passionate about at Lexis English.
Enjoy this special evening at City Recital Hall, one of the most elegant venues in Sydney, with superior acoustics.
For more live music events, check out The Factory Theatre.
7. Small group snorkelling tour at Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve
Time: Daily 1pm – bookings essential!
Before the weather cools, take in the extraordinary sights of this breathtaking aquatic reserve. This guided tour is Advanced Eco Tour Certified and includes a pre-tour safety briefing, wetsuits, snorkelling equipment and tour photos.
Cost: $79/per person
Tag your Instagram photos #LexisSydney #LexisFamily @lexis_english
- Lexis English delivers academic excellence in General English, IELTS Preparation, Cambridge FCE and CAE. Download the 2023 Lexis English Brochure here or get in touch to enquire.
- Lexis Juniors: Our Teenage Activity Program (TAP) offers a fun mix of academic, cultural and sporting activities to international junior students. All activities are fully supervised by trained and qualified instructors, and parents are invited to check in each day at www.lexisjuniors.com to keep up with all the fun!
- Lexis Training delivers professional training in Business, Marketing & Communication, Leadership & Management, Project Management, Beauty and English Language Teacher Training. You must have Upper Intermediate English language skills to enrol. Enquire online