Hello students, are you looking for work?
We have compiled a number of work opportunities in the local area that might be of interest to you:
Gaming Bar and Wait staff at Mooloolaba Surf Club
The Surf Club Mooloolaba – Join our friendly professional team.
We now have roles available in our Gaming Lounge, Bars and Restaurants.
- Generous Club Award wages and penalties
- Iconic Club overlooking beautiful Mooloolaba Beach
- Your opportunity to join our friendly professional team
- Consistent plentiful hours
- Various roles
Our Club is located on Mooloolaba Beach. We operate two dining options, the Boathouse and Bayview Restaurants. Our two bars have 40 taps pouring icy cold domestic, international and craft beers on tap. We provide an extensive wine list and cocktails list. Our gaming room has the latest gaming machines plus TAB and Keno.
Our outdoor deck has the best absolute ocean views on the coast, sweeping from Point Cartwright lighthouse all the way north to Mount Coolum and Sunshine Beach.
Our club is a vibrant, fun, friendly, family venue.
We are the main financial arm for the Mooloolaba Surf Life Saving Club who are celebrating over 100 years community service.
Are you ready to join our experienced team and possess:
- Experience in fast paced food, beverage and gaming venue
- Current RSA
- Gaming expertise and RSG. TAB – Keno – is also desirable
- An outgoing, confident, happy & cheerful personality
- Ability to work in a busy environment while maintaining positive and professional service
- Full working rights to work in Australia
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional presentation and grooming
Include a brief cover letter with your resume and current references.
Please forward your resume with current references to:
Our busiest time of year is approaching, and we are seeking new casual Retail Consultants to support our incredible Myer Maroochydore store team across Festive Season 2023.
During the Festive season as a Retail Consultant, you will embody our desire to engage, listen and guide customers to products that are relevant to them. You will welcome customers into our retail spaces and through intentional interactions deepen the way our products are experienced. In demonstrating products that address customer needs you will deliver an exceptional, inclusive customer experience.
What are we looking for
- Experience operating within a customer service role or environment
- The ability to communicate with warmth, curiosity and sincerity
- Passion for providing exceptional customer service
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- An interest to learn product knowledge
- Availability throughout October – February
These roles are of a casual nature to commence from September 2023 and concluding in February 2024. We are seeking flexible candidates who are readily available across this time, including late-night and weekend trading hours.
Housekeeper/Cleaner at Surf Side on The Beach
HOUSEKEEPING/CLEANER POSITION for apartments and body corporate.
- Availability 7 days. We do aim to give our cleaners days off and weekends off when we are not busy and when you have study requirements.
- We are flexible with your study times which means that you can start later in the afternoon after study OR start early in the morning and then attend study.
- Pay is per hour.
- Equipment and cleaning chemicals supplied.
- We have had international students work for us before and we work with the student through the English barrier. We will help you practice your English. 😊
- Job entails – removing and making of beds, cleaning of bathrooms, laundry and kitchen. General dusting and cleaning of apartment. Vacuuming and mopping of whole apartment. Placing consumables in apartment.
- Some experience is required, training will be provided.
Please email your resume to Sonia at: [email protected]
Team Member at Donut King
We are looking for new casual team members to help with both Monday to Friday shifts and/or weekend shifts. The best candidates must have a friendly attitude, enjoy working in a busy environment and love learning new skills. Experience is appreciated however we can happily train you up! We have a variety of work schedules available depending on your life (eg university schedules & school hours). We can offer plenty of hours and guaranteed shifts to the right candidate.
The role involves general duties like serving customers, food preparation, making coffee and cleaning. We pride ourselves on fantastic customer service, great food and coffee… our regulars can attest!
If the above positions aren’t the type of job you’re interested in, you can search for more job opportunities on the Sunshine Coast on popular job search websites such as Seek, Indeed, Jora and Gumtree. These websites allow you to filter job listings by location, industry, job title, and experience level. You can also look in local newspapers, apply in-store or on company websites.
If you need any help, please speak to Mel or Marta in reception or attend the Jobs Workshop on Tuesday afternoons between 1:15pm – 2:15pm.
Not studying with us yet, but would like to?
Lexis Sunshine Coast is located just moments from the beautiful Maroochy beach and is one of Australia’s most attractive learning environments, providing outstanding study resources, recreational facilities and captivating views from our three-floor campus. If you want more information on the courses that we offer, click here.
Lexis Training delivers professional training in Business, Marketing & Communication, Leadership & Management, Project Management, Beauty and English Language Teacher Training. To find out more, click here.