Best blogs for new students
- Your top 7 questions answered
- What’s on at Lexis Manly? 5 ways to find out
- 9 ninja health tips for international students in Australia.
Your top 7 questions answered:
- What to expect on your first day at Lexis English Sydney
- How to apply for an Australian Tax File Number
- Where to find accommodation
- How to open a bank account
- Where to look for work
- How to get to and from college
- What to do if personal items are lost on public transport.
What’s on at Lexis Manly? 5 ways to find out:
- Student activities and events at Lexis Manly
- Student workshops like the Conversation Club, the Accommodation Workshop, and Job Workshop
- Where to look and sign up for activities and workshops, and
- How to access student photos taken at activities.
9 ninja health tips for international students in Australia:
- Overseas Student Health Cover – what it is and how to get it
- Australian Hospitals – what to expect (plus COVID 19 testing)
- Beach and water safety – things to know before you get in the water
- How to find a doctor and dentist
- GP referrals to a specialist – what they are, how much they cost and how to get one
- Medications – where to get them and how to save money
- Mental health – how to manage difficult feelings and where to get help
- Sexual health and relationships – where to get help and information
- Nature – using nature to boost your health.
The best Lexis Manly workshops for new starters
- The job workshop – held every Tuesday
- The accommodation workshop – held every Wednesday
- The Conversation Club – held every Thursday.
These workshops are teacher guided and provide helpful information and/or an opportunity to practice speaking English. The workshops have been designed to help you settle into life in Sydney as quickly and comfortably as possible.