Applying for jobs
A lot of jobs will be posted online, so get to know the websites that can offer up opportunities. Sites such as seek.com.au and careerone.com.au are a good place to start, and more short-term casual positions can be found on gumtree.com.au.
Many casual or part-time jobs in smaller hospitality or retail outlets won’t always be advertised online. Sometimes a sign in the window saying “Staff wanted” is all the advertising they do, which is a great opportunity for you to show up in person with your resumé and make a good impression.
Here are a few tips:
- Don’t be shy: Walk into the business and ask to talk to the manager.
- Have your resumé ready: Take at least two copies of your resumé with your contact details to give to the manager. Even if they don’t have a job available right now, they could phone you later down the track.
- Ask the right questions: If there is a job opportunity, be upfront and ask about the expected hours, the pay rate, a start date and any special requirements (uniform costs, training, who your manager will be).
- Get contact details: Don’t forget to store your new boss’s phone number and email address in your phone.
- Pick the right time: Avoid going into the business during busy hours. For restaurants, forget about meal times, and retailers can get hectic at lunch-time on weekdays and on late-night shopping (Thursday in the suburbs, Friday in the city).
- Always show your eagerness: If no work is available, ask if they know of other businesses that may be looking for work. You never know your luck!
Bartenders, and Wait Staff- Jade Buddha
Jade Buddha Bar and Kitchen is looking for waitresses and bartenders to join our team. They must be hard working and well presented.
permanent part time positions are only available, weekend availability is a MUST. Unfortunately, due to high volume of resumes only successful applicants will be contacted via email. please send resume with current photo of your self attached.
or alternatively apply in person during office hours to
Jade Buddha, 14/1 Eagle Street, Brisbane, QLD 4001
Hospitality All Rounder- ALH Group
An exciting opportunity exists for professional & proactive hospitality all rounder looking to join the professional and friendly team at Newmarket Hotel, Brisbane.
he successful applicants will be energetic, enthusiastic and will need to demonstrate.
- 1 plus year experience in the hospitality industry
- Strong beer & wine knowledge
- TAB & Gaming experience favourable
- Bright & bubbly personality
- Good presentation and attention to detail
- The ability to work within a team environment
Applicants require current RSA & RSG and must be available to work weekends/days/evenings. If you are interested in an exciting career challenge, please hit that apply button or head to our website. www.thenewmarkethotel.com.au
Section Waiters and Bar Staff- Walter’s Steakhouse
Walter’s Steakhouse is seeking highly experienced section waiters and bar staff to join our team and bring back good old fashion service
We are looking for people with the right attitude, plenty of experience and the ability to converse with customers. We have a variety of shifts available a variety of lunch and dinner services.
We are looking for enthusiastic applicants who are passionate about the hospitality industry and values being part of a supportive team.
Part time Team Member in Woolloongabba
A restaurant in Woolloongabba is seeking a part time Team Member (up to 15 hours per week) to join our team. To be considered for this role you should:
- Have at least 6 months of experience as a Team Member
- Have Australian work rights
Experienced Kitchen Hand- Motto Motto
Motto Motto Japanese Kitchen is a modern Japanese casual dining restaurant that focuses on quality above all else to constantly enhance the guest experience. We are committed to continually building on a strong company culture and team engagement throughout all we do whilst respecting and developing our highly valued team members.
Experience in a production kitchen is a must, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience in a production kitchen.
Bar/Wait Staff-Brewhouse Brisbane (Woolloongabba)
Brewhouse Brisbane is a bar, restaurant and gaming venue located in South Brisbane/Woolloongabba (opposite the Mater Hospital). We are a family run business and our venue has just been through an extensive renovation on the entire ground floor. We have two bars, restaurant, beer garden, Bottleshop, and Gaming Room.
We require a dedicated hospitality professional to join our loyal team in a casual capacity. Hours fluctuate weekly from 15 hours to approx 30 hours depending on the week. It’s important that you know and love beer, and have a firm commitment to customer service. We require a minimum of 1 year experience working in a bar.
Casual Barista in Fortitude Valley
- Have at least 3 years of experience as a Barista
- Have Australian work rights
Casual Fine Dining All Rounder Waiter/Waitress in Brisbane CBD
Olive and Angelo are looking for enthusiastic allrounder waiters and waitresses to join our Italian family business in Brisbane CBD.
We are in the search for bright and bubbly individuals that are motivated in giving our customers top-quality dining experience and work with integrity and care.
Within the job role, you will be responsible for all the usual restaurant day to day runnings including but not limited to: Serving customers, taking orders, running food, maintaining a clean venue, bar work, and barista work. Minimum 2 years of hospitality experience within a restaurant venue. Previous bar, barista, and restaurant floor experience is required.
MUST have a COVER LETTER to be considered, to apply email us at [email protected]
About the role
This is a high performing role in this busy restaurant. You must be experienced, fast and totally customer focused to fit into this team. It’s a very exciting, rewarding and high volume role.
We are looking for experienced Waitstaff, Baristas & Bar
Benefits and perks
- Award rates with penalties
- Great environment and team
- Very busy with plenty of hours
Skills and experience
- At least 2 years in a fast paced upmarket brasserie, restaurant or Bar
- Be flexible and able to work across all areas of the venue
- You must be fast and efficient
- Great availability must be available weekends and week days.
- 100% ability to work in Australia
- Outstanding friendly & upbeat personality
Part time Kitchen Hand in Bulimba
- Have at least 6 months of experience as a Kitchen Hand
- Have Australian work rights
EXPERIENCED SECTION WAIT STAFF- Rico Bar and Dining
Offering the best service, exceptional food, and casual fine dining experience with a difference, we are located at Eagle Street Pier with a prime position overlooking the Story Bridge.
he successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Section wait staff experience is desired
- Professional table service provider
- Be reliable, motivated & have a strong work ethic
- Desire to improve the best service skills
- Be well-groomed and professionally presented
- A professionally minded person with great communication skills
- Be able to work under pressure