Are you excited about starting a new job in Noosa, Australia?
Noosa is not just a beautiful place with stunning beaches and national parks; it’s also a great place for international students to find part-time jobs while they study. You can earn some extra money, make new friends, and gain important work experience.
These jobs are not just about money. They also help you learn important skills and become a part of the Noosa community. So, if you’re a student thinking about studying in Noosa, know that there are some great job opportunities waiting for you in this lovely coastal town.
Getting a casual or part-time job while studying abroad has several advantages:
- Financial Support: It can help you cover your living expenses, such as accommodation, food, and transportation, reducing your financial burden.
- Gain Work Experience: You can build your resume with valuable work experience, which can be beneficial for your future career prospects.
- Improved Language Skills: Working in a foreign country exposes you to the local language and helps you improve your language skills, which can be essential for effective communication.
- Cultural Integration: It provides an opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture and customs, allowing for a deeper cultural understanding and integration.
- Networking: You can expand your social and professional network by meeting local people and fellow students through your job.
- Time Management: Balancing work and study teaches you valuable time management skills, which can be beneficial in your academic and professional life.
- Independence: It fosters independence as you learn to manage your finances and responsibilities on your own.
- Enhanced CV: Having international work experience can make your CV stand out and show prospective employers that you are adaptable and capable of working in diverse environments.
- Extra Income: Earning money can provide you with the means to explore the host country, travel, and participate in activities you might not have been able to afford otherwise.
- Personal Growth: Working abroad can be a transformative experience, helping you become more self-reliant, confident, and culturally aware.
In summary, working part-time or casually while studying abroad can offer numerous benefits, from financial support to personal and professional growth. It’s an opportunity to make the most of your international education experience.
Below, we’ve unearthed some exceptional employment opportunities for our international students:
If you have experience as a courier or delivery driver, and you are looking to find work with a fast pace growing business, this is for you.
- Multi Drop Delivery Driver – between 130-150 customer drops a day
- Monthly roster with occasional weekend work required
- Load from our warehouse in Caloundra (Bells Creek) and deliver to several zones on the Sunshine Coast
- Small (<30KG parcels – most (80%) are small satchels <1kg)
- Modern Automatic Van and Fuel Provided
- App Provided with automatic routing
Skills & Experienced SE Qld
- Courier, Delivery or like experience great, but not needed
- Full Training Provided
- Fit and healthy due to physical demands of position
- Interacting directly with customers (minimal)
- Great work ethic, punctual and reliable
Coles Merchandiser – Training Provided
Coles Merchandiser – Training Provided
If you are an independent and driven individual with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively, we want to hear from you!
- Competitive hourly rate $30.54/hour + superannuation
- Family friendly flexible hours
- Monday to Friday – no weekends!
- Work close to home
- Great team culture and opportunities for career progression
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee Recognition Program
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Be self-motivated, adaptable, and resourceful
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be able to lift up to 15kg
- Have flexible availability on weekdays
- Available to work Fridays
Café All Rounder
About the Position
The NoosaCare, Harry’s Café Coordinator position is responsible for the day to day running of the café. Including, but limited to:
- Maintaining and happy, safe and hygienic café venue, providing light meals and snacks for residents, families, staff and community.
- Provision of manualised tasks in the operation of kitchen, including (but not limited to) POS operations, managing supply deliveries, cleaning of all areas, complying with safety attire.
- Provide guidance and support to staff and volunteers working within the café.
- Be compliant with all documentation related to kitchen and food safety compliance requirements.
- Actively participate in all learning and development requirements specific to the position of catering assistant.
- Dress in provided uniform, using protective equipment including hairnets and gloves when required.
- Support the accreditation process.
- Experience in Café operations.
- Vibrant and empathetic attitude.
- Work collaboratively to ensure a safe and hygienic environment.
- Qualifications and experience in Food Safety and auditing requirements.
- Strong work ethic and an empathic attitude and the ability to provide high quality service.
- The ability to be accountable, working both as part of a team and autonomously at times.
- Strong customer service and face-to-face communication skills.
- Food Safety Certificate or willingness to undertake.
- Provide a current police check and undertake further police checks every 3 years.
- Employment conditions are in accordance with the terms and conditions in an individual contract agreement, modern Award or NoosaCare enterprise agreement.
- From time to time, you will attend departmental meetings and actively contribute to Continuous Quality Improvement strategies and activities.
- Compliance with facility policies and workflow protocols is required at all times while working with NoosaCare.
- Your attendance at mandatory annual in-service training on Fire and Safety and Manual Handling will be required.
- You will need to adhere to NoosaCare’s and the Aged Care Code of Conduct
- New employees are required to successfully complete the probationary period of six (6) months. This period may be extended by another three months at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Being successful in obtaining this position is subject to the satisfactory completion of pre-employment police checks and work reference checks as well as the production of required registrations and certifications as identified.
- Smoking and vaping are prohibited within NoosaCare grounds and buildings (including corridors, passageways, walkways, balconies and offices) and motor vehicles.
- Staff identification badges are required to be worn at all times while on duty.
Red Rooster Crew Member – Noosaville
We are looking for crew members right now!
As a Crew Member you will be part of a great team that prepares and serves deliciously amazing food and creates memorable customer experiences through every interaction. You will maintain a well presented, clean and safe restaurant whilst utilising your strong time management and multi-tasking skills during the peak periods in the restaurants.
If you love food, love to have fun, take care and pride in the way you present your space and what you will prepare and serve your customer AND have a passion to be the best part of someone’s day, then The Rooster’s Calling You.Apply Here!
Steve’s Liquor Retail Storeperson
To be successful, you must:
-Be flexible with days and hours
-Be available to work nights, weekends and public holidays
-Be presentable and hard working
-Have current RSA
-Experience preferred in a similar role
-Some knowledge of liquor brands to enable you to provide excellent customer service through hand selling, although training will be provided
-Physically able to perform manual handling duties
Job Types: Casual, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: $24.00 – $27.00 per hour
- 8-hour shift
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Please note that you must have the right to work in Australia to apply for these positions.
If none of the roles mentioned above align with your career goals, you can explore additional job opportunities in Noosa through popular job search platforms like Seek, Indeed, Jora, and Gumtree. These platforms allow you to narrow down job listings by location, industry, job title, and experience level. You can also check local newspapers, apply directly at local businesses, or visit company websites.
Should you require assistance during your job search, feel free to reach out to Julia or Skyla at our reception or attend our Jobs Workshop, held every Tuesday afternoon from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
Wishing you the best of luck on your next step and may your journey in Noosa be filled with success and fulfillment!
Not currently studying with us but interested in joining our vibrant community?
Lexis Noosa offers an exceptional academic experience in Australia’s most desirable study location, seamlessly blending your studies with the great outdoors. Studying at Lexis Noosa is not just an educational pursuit; it’s a lifestyle. For more information on the courses we offer, please click here.