Types of Work in Australia
- Casual Work
– No guaranteed hours
– 25% higher pay rate
– Paid hourly
– Less than 38 hours a week.
– Annual (holiday) leave & Personal (sick) leave
Here’s the latest selection from seek.com.
Click on “Apply” for more information. If you need help writing your resume, see Nicole or go to GIL on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 2-3pm in Room 8.
For printing email to: [email protected] (10 copies max)
The Pass Cafe is looking for a Barista
We are looking for a highly experienced barista and all rounder to join our fast pace, hard working team.
This role will include weekends with 6.30am starts, working at one of Byron Bay’s most famous beaches and surf spots just a few steps away.
The perfect candidate would possess experience such as:
working in a fast pace environment
able to work with large influxes of orders
have a minimum 2 years in coffee making and coffee skills
have excellent attention to detail
Running, clearing tables, packing away
Helping with day to day tasks to creating a steady flow within the work place
Cleaning, rotating stock and leaving work areas up to a high standard
Fast and friendly even during our busiest of periods
Betty’s Burgers is looking for a team member
As a Team Member your role will involve:
- The ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Meeting and greeting guests
- Food/beverage preparation and presentation
- Maintain restaurant/kitchen presentation and cleanliness
- Optimize guest satisfaction
Bang Bang is looking for team members
Multiple years of comparable hospitality experience in fine dining venues.
Experience working in fast paced restaurants.
An impeccable level of customer service and professionalism
Our bussies positions will be suitable for juniors who will be provided on the job training and development
An outgoing and enthusiastic nature.
Passion for delivering a polished but vibrant customer experience.
Ability to demonstrate a high level of product knowledge.
The right to work in Australia.
Wahlburgers is looking for a front of house team member
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to take direction;
- Able to work at a fast pace and high turnover environment;
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate (if you don’t have yours, we’ll let you know how to obtain it);
- High energy, passionate with a strong work ethic;
- You’ll need full working rights within Australia.
Wahlburgers is looking for a kitchen hand / cook
This company is going places, so if you are looking for a job where you can learn, grow and expand your career within the hospitality industry than this could be what you have been looking for.
Wahlburgers is looking for a bartender
- Previous experience a plus;
- Keen to learn;
- System based operator with an ability to follow directions;
- Experience working under pressure and at a fast pace;
- Ability to work a rotating roster including early morning, daytime and evening shifts;
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate (if you don’t have yours, we’ll let you know how to obtain it) ;
- You’ll need full working rights within Australia.
The North Hotel is looking for team members ( in Sunrise)
What you need?
The successful applicants will be energetic, enthusiastic and will need to demonstrate:
- Strong customer service experience and a passion for food and beverage
- Ability to make high quality cocktails & work in fast paced bar (or willingness to learn)
- Excellent presentation and attention to detail
- Work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Current RSA Certificate
- Rights to work in Australia
Karkalla is looking for a kitchen hand:
Are you available 25-30h with the possibility for more and flexible during weekdays and weekends and look forward to an opportunity to work alongside like-minded industry professionals?
Beach Hotel is looking for front of house workers and Bartenders
- Friendly, passionate, and go-getting
- A genuine understanding and appreciation of quality service
- The ability to build strong rapport with our patrons and give them an excellent experience in our venue
- Basic bar skills are preferred but not essential (beer pouring, standard spirits, and wine)
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- NSW RSA is essential
- Flexible availability including nights and weekends
Beach Hotel is looking for kitchen hands
Key qualifications and attributes:
- Ability to clean the kitchen areas to a high standard.
- Attention to detail.
- Some level of commercial kitchen knowledge is an advantage.
- Must be able to confidently work in a fast-paced environment.
- A high level of organisation at all times.
- Courage to openly deliver & receive feedback.
- A passion for food and world-class hospitality.
Beach Hotel is looking for Housekeepers
Skills & Experience
- Ability to organise and prioritise daily tasks and work with minimal supervision;
- Experience and commitment to provide high quality customer service;
- Similar multi-task experience in a resort or hotel environment;
- Excellent communication skills and the confidence and ability to engage with all our guests;
- Substantial experience working with customers, meeting and anticipating their needs;
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure our very high service standards are maintained
Bed Bath & Table is looking for staff members
Go Vita Byron Bay is looking for a retail assistant:
Spell is looking for warehouse assistants
- Follow warehouse processing procedures including picking and packing of orders
- Ability to lift and carry cartons, up to 15kg
- Adhere to strict timelines to dispatch orders
- Receipting of stock
- Rearranging pick faces
- The ability to work autonomously
- Ability to demonstrate initiative in a high-pressure high-volume environment
- Demonstrate resilience and ability to work in a complex and changing environment
- The ability to maintain motivation whilst doing repetitive tasks
- Follow and adhere to Safety requirements
Learn English in Byron Bay. Lexis English students study General English, IELTS, FCE, CAE, and English plus Surfing in a friendly and professional school right in the heart of Byron Bay and only 15 minutes from the beach.