This Thursday morning was sunny but muddy, as we had a lot of rainfall overnight.
Serena our Intermediate English teacher took her students on an excursion to the local Farmers Market for this mornings class.
The objective was to divide into pairs, complete a worksheet and revise personality adjectives.
Most students hadn’t been to the Byron Farmers Market before, and some hadn’t been to the Farmers Markets in their home countries either. This was a great opportunity to meet local farmers and market goers alike.
While completing the worksheets, the students sampled the local coffee stalls and bought fresh local produce for breakfast. We were very lucky that the sun stayed out.
Byron is a highly regarded agricultural area and there are famous producers in our local area. We are very fortunate to have access to organic specialty foods, and have the opportunity to talk to the farmers themselves every week.
The excursion activity included a questionnaire for students to answer about their own market experience, and involved finding out information about stall holders and their produce. Lots of questions were asked and answered and as usual, the friendly people of Byron were happy to help.
Byron Farmers Market Excursion Questions
- Have you ever been to Farmers Markets in your country? Compare the Byron Farmers Markets to the Markets you’ve been to before.
- Find and try three different types of food you have never tried before.
- What was the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Compare prices at the Byron Farmers Market to: Prices in your country and prices in other supermarkets in Byron Bay
- Describe the Byron Farmers Market in your own words. What is the atmosphere like? Use adjectives you’ve learnt this week.
- Describe today’s weather.
- Use adjectives to talk about people you meet.
Thanks Serena for the fun morning!
Learn English in Byron Bay. Lexis English students study General English, IELTS, FCE, CAE, and English plus Surfing in a friendly and professional school right in the heart of Byron Bay and only 15 minutes from the beach.